Date Added: 11-09-2012
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
Contact: Noah Ring
Our client is a global Pharmaceutical Group of affiliated companies that discovers, develops and markets innovative products. In the U.S., our client is hard at work investigating potential new treatments, with numerous compounds in various stages of development to treat disorders of the cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, respiratory, renal and central nervous systems, and to treat cancer and ophthalmic disorders.
We are currently searching for Associate Directors, Clinical Management for a full time position, In the Princeton,NJ area.
- Acts as the scientific lead for clinical program development activities within a product group or within a portfolio. Determines product and portfolio level standards for clinical development planning, scientific document content, data analysis and reporting, and reporting to senior management, and affiliates. Ensures that scientific content of development plans and protocols meets requirements for simultaneous regulatory submission and optimal market access. Supports Medical Affairs and other functional areas in reporting program activities and results. Serves as a “resident expert” for issues related to clinical development planning, program management, and internal reporting. May directly supervise clinical management personnel. Serves as a member of the Clinical Management Leadership Team.Provides scientific clinical research and operational expertise in the development of overall strategy and objectives, including performing/overseeing and providing background research (literature, SBA, competitive intelligence, regulatory guidance etc).
- Directs development of current program level training materials, program slide updates for management, and program level template. Provide/support program level presentations & training.
- Ensures program specific standards (e.g., CRFs, outsourcing specifications, slides, training) are developed and applied across all trials to ensure consistency of clinical dossier.
- In collaboration with the protocol team, leads the clinical trial data ongoing medical/scientific review focusing on data integrity, trending & consistency across the program. Contributes to final analysis and interpretation including the development of clinical trial reports, publications and internal/external presentations.
- Serves as support for global affiliates in relation to regulatory filings, trial implementation, training etc
- Develops and presents long-term program level financial estimates as part of overall program strategy. Provides advice to senior management for budget adjustments across programs, portfolio, as requested.
- Leads program level teams as Co-Chair and/or serves as lead clinical management representative
- Contributes to the preparation and defense of clinical program documents (investigator brochure/IMPD, IND/CTA annual reports, Health Authority briefing books and submissions (NDA, MA, NDS etc.), including ongoing maintenance of filings and support of labeling teams. Leads development of clinical sections of regulatory documents (i.e. Investigators’ Brochures, briefing books, submission dossier, and responses to Health Authorities questions) and inspection readiness programs, where appropriate.
- Develops strong scientific partnership with key advisors in assigned therapy area to optimize scientific quality/innovation of clinical study design, execution, reporting and publication. Leads program-related advisory boards/committees and meetings.
- Supports the design & implementation of a program level HEOR strategy, including endpoint development where necessary.
- Coordinates and/or supports program level inspection readiness strategies in preparation for and defense of global regulatory filings and ongoing marketed products
- Serves as contact for Medical Affairs/PBS related to medical information requests, public disclosure of information (e.g., clinicaltrials.gov) and publications strategies.
- Provides program training and interactions with MSLs, as appropriate.
- Represents assigned programs to senior management and and disseminate information and tasks to team members.
- Assists Senior Director with departmental resourcing activities.
- Gives direction, training, and support to Clinical Management personnel within portfolio/compound team. Assists supervisors in skill set development activities
- Leads assigned departmental, External Service Provider partnership, and corporate standardization and continuous improvement efforts for issues relating to program design and execution.
- Analyzes best scientific conduct and planning practices across products and portfolios. Designs and implements plans to incorporate practices.
- Researches and investigates industry best practices in the areas of clinical development planning, and endpoint design/validation/reporting. Shares best practices in industry-wide forums.
- Serves as a PORT reviewer for protocols within and across portfolios.
- Sets performance expectations for each direct report. Establishes a feedback loop among employee’s peers (on departmental and project teams). Provides specific and frequent feedback to the employee on his/her performance. Creates individual development plans.
- If supervising employees, responsible for training and orienting new employee on corporate culture, corporate expectations and departmental/organizational policies and procedures. Works with various groups to devise training program(s) for the employee and makes arrangements for such sessions to be conducted. Ensures the employee has access to all required material, systems to satisfy their individual job responsibilities.
•Communicates corporate decisions in a timely and effective manner through various venues to ensure staff are aware of updates to corporate culture, vision and management.
Excellent skills in designing and managing global clinical trials and the ability to contribute strategically to development of clinical development programs from first-in-man through life-cycle management.
• Must be able to form and articulate a clear vision to successfully guide all clinical team members (e.g., internal staff and external investigators/consultants).
•Strong computer skills with demonstrated experience in working with the Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Required: Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 12 years of applicable pharmaceutical industry experience. Previous supervisory experience.
Preferred: Advanced degree- not required
If you or anyone you know are interested, please pass this aong. Thank you in advance.